Friday, May 30, 2008

Strawberry Jam




Last weekend I bought a gallon of fresh strawberries to make strawberry jam with. Well, I got as far as mashing the strawberries last weekend and didn't get a chance to make the actual jam. So last night I worked for a few hours making 12 jars of home made strawberry jam, and it was so worth it. I had some while it was still warm on top of vanilla ice cream. I look forward to making strawberry jam every May. I even put some of the mashed strawberries in the freezer so I can make another batch when this one is gone. It is so easy to make. All you need is:


- 4 cups of mashed strawberries


- 7 cups of sugar


- 1 pack of Sure jell fruit pectin


I use the recipe that is included with the box of Sure Jell.


Let me know if you make any jam, and how it turns out.

No comments: