Thursday, February 26, 2009
Saturday, February 21, 2009
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Here is the recipe. Let me know if you make them, and what you think.
1 roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury refrigerated sugar cookies
1 bag (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
3 cups Chopped Pecans
1/2 cup Butter
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1 jar (12.25 oz) Caramel Ice Cream Topping
1 cup graham cracker crumbs (16 squares)
1. Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Press cookie dough evenly in bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch pan.
2. Sprinkle 1 cup of the chocolate chips and 1 1/2 cups of the pecans over dough; lightly press into dough. Set aside.
3. In 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Stir in brown sugar, caramel topping and graham cracker crumbs. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Pour over crust in pan; spread evenly. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup chocolate chips and 1 1/2 cups pecans.
4. Bake 25 to 32 minutes or until edges are deep golden brown and pecans are lightly toasted. Cool on cooling rack 30 minutes; loosen sides from pan, but do not cut. Cool completely, about 3 hours longer. (For firmer bars, let stand an additional 2 hours.)
Monday, February 16, 2009
Saturday, February 14, 2009
Friday, February 13, 2009
Thursday, February 12, 2009
- 1 20 oz. can crushed pineapple (in juice, do not drain)
- 1 can pie filling (I used Blackberry, but you can use cherry, blueberry, peach etc...)
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 1/2 sticks of butter (melted)
- 1 cup of chopped pecans
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Pour un-drained pineapple into a 9x13" pan and spread it out evenly. Using a spoon, spread globs of pie filling evenly on top of the pineapple. Sprinkle the cake mix over the pie filling and pineapple layers and spread evenly with a fork. Sprinkle the chopped pecans on top of the cake mix. Drizzle the melted butter over the cake. Cook for 35-45 minutes or until the top is golden brown, and the juices are bubbling. This is best served warm. I forgot to take a picture when I was making this, but here is a picture I got off Google. Mine looked just like this.
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
I got the Sour Cream Pound Cake Recipe from my MIL, and I found the Cream Cheese Icing recipe on line, but I can't remember which website. I forgot to take a picture of the finished product, but it didn't look that great anyway, but it tasted phenomenal.
Sour Cream Pound Cake
- 2 1/4 cups Flour
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 8 oz. Sour Cream
- 3 Eggs
Grease and Flour a Bundt Pan. Preheat oven to 325.
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Blend at low speed. Beat 3 minutes at medium speed. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 60-70 minutes until cake springs back when touched lightly in the center. Cool cake upright in pan for 15 minutes. Remove from pan, and cool completely before icing.
Cream Cheese Icing
- 2 - 8oz packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
Mix all the ingredients together and Voila - you have icing. Very Simple, Very Yummy!
Monday, February 9, 2009
Saturday, February 7, 2009
I'm already looking forward to next month's Girl's Night Out!