Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Sour Cream Pound Cake with Cream Cheese Icing

I made this cake for my sister's birthday yesterday, and she asked me to post the recipe on here.

I got the Sour Cream Pound Cake Recipe from my MIL, and I found the Cream Cheese Icing recipe on line, but I can't remember which website. I forgot to take a picture of the finished product, but it didn't look that great anyway, but it tasted phenomenal.

Sour Cream Pound Cake
  • 2 1/4 cups Flour
  • 2 cups Sugar
  • 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp Vanilla
  • 1 cup butter (softened)
  • 8 oz. Sour Cream
  • 3 Eggs

Grease and Flour a Bundt Pan. Preheat oven to 325.

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Blend at low speed. Beat 3 minutes at medium speed. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 60-70 minutes until cake springs back when touched lightly in the center. Cool cake upright in pan for 15 minutes. Remove from pan, and cool completely before icing.

Cream Cheese Icing

  • 2 - 8oz packages cream cheese, softened
  • 1 stick of butter, softened
  • 1 tsp of vanilla
  • 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar

Mix all the ingredients together and Voila - you have icing. Very Simple, Very Yummy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I heard that it was very good ! I mightg try it.