Monday, February 28, 2011
The reason I have decided to do this again is two fold:
1. It gets me outside and exercising
2. It helps pass the time, while I am anxiously awaiting our vacation.
Last year I walked to take my mind off babies. Well, this year, I will be walking with my baby! It's crazy how much your life can change in just a year.
I would love to have someone walk with me, so if you are local, and would like to walk about 2 miles a day, please let me know.
I walked this weekend, to kind of get geared up for this, and boy am I out of shape. Let's just hope I can make it through this first week.
I will be posting my totals weekly, and keep a running track over on the right hand side of my blog. Let the fun begin!!
Thursday, February 24, 2011
Love his eyes in this picture!
Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Height: 27 inches - 65th percentile
Weigh: 19 lbs - 74th percentile
Head circumference: 17 inches - 38th percentile
He is doing great and is right on track developmentally and the doctor said he was doing great!
While at the doctor's office, I found out that our insurance doesn't cover any immunizations! The thing that really bothers me, is that this is the first I am hearing about it. You would think that I would have gotten a bill or something from the insurance company saying that they weren't paying it. But we have received NOTHING! So I will be making some phone calls tomorrow to try to figure this all out.
Monday, February 14, 2011
Saturday, February 12, 2011
I guess I should have started with cereal, but I just wanted him to have something yummy for the first time. We can gradually start adding fruit and veggies to the cereal.
Check out my little guy eating up the cereal. He couldn't get enough!
I just love his little grin!
Friday, February 11, 2011
To Bermuda, Bahama come on pretty mama
Key Largo, Montego baby why don't we go...
That's right, we are going on a cruise!
We will board the Disney Dream on December 26th for a 3-night cruise to the Bahamas. We are so excited to take Michael on his first cruise.
The Disney Dream is a brand new boat, that just started sailing in January 2011. There are so many cool things about this boat. Like the water coaster that actually goes off the side of the boat. Or the "magic porthole" in the inside staterooms.
We are going to have such a great time. I only wish we were leaving sooner.
Thursday, February 10, 2011
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
Well, on Friday night, we ate pizza for dinner and we always give Michael a piece of crust. He usually just looks at it, and then drops it on the floor. Well, Friday night it went straight into his mouth, and he sat chewing on it for a long time. I'm sure it felt good on his little gums, and it tasted much better than any of the toys he has to chew on. I hate to document that pizza crust was his first solid food, but in actuality, it was.
Monday, February 7, 2011
Here is what Michael is up to at six months old:
- Things this month have calmed down, and we have been able to just enjoy spending time as a family.
- Michael saw snow for the second time in his short little life this month. We had a major snowstorm the second week of January, and it left all of us home for a few days. We enjoyed having Daddy home from work.
- Michael rolled over for the first time this month!! It was January 17th and Mommy and Daddy were both home to see him do it for the first time! He is able to go from his belly to his back, but not the other way yet. We are so proud of him. Now anytime we put him on his belly to play, he rolls right over without hesitation.
- Michael also got his first tooth this month! On January 28th, he woke up with a little tooth poking through the skin. Then on Sunday, January 30th, a second tooth popped through also! He had been a little irritable for a few weeks, and now that his teeth are in, he is back to being a happy baby.
- Michael was sick for the first time this month. He had a 24-hour stomach bug, and we hated to see him sick. Thankfully, it only lasted 24 hours, and he was back to himself in no time.
- He is getting better and better at sitting unassisted. He will just sit on the floor and play with his toys for long periods of time.
- He has moved up to wearing size 6-9 months clothes. But is still in size 3 diapers.
- On February 5th, Michael tried solid food for the first time. We started with avocado, and he didn't like it at all. Over the next few weeks, we will be introducing new food to him one at a time. We are hoping that he will like some of the other foods a little better.
- Michael has really started to notice the dogs more and more, and he loves when they get close enough for him to pet. It won't be long until he is chasing them around the house.
- He is starting to develop a little personality, and we know just what to do to make him smile or laugh.
- This has been a big month full of firsts. First time rolling over, first tooth, and first foods. - We are so blessed to have Michael as our son, and the love we have for him continues to grow each and every day.
Friday, February 4, 2011
So, my little sister is like the coupon queen. She has been able to get stuff for free and has even been paid by the store to take some stuff out! It's crazy! Anyway, we are going to be starting baby food with Michael this weekend, so I asked Becky to help me get some good deals. I looked through all the baby coupons that I had, and we figured which ones I could use together to get the best deal. She also showed me some websites where I could print additional coupons. I also looked at other baby related coupons that I had, or that I could print, and ended up having a lot for diapers, formula and baby food.
So, here is what I got!
Total items: 36
Total before coupons: $95.68
Total saved: $37.40
Total after coupons: $58.28
And just to give some perspective, the big box of diapers was $19.99 and the big can of formula was $22.49. Also, the bottle drop ins were $6.99 So, if I had paid full price for each of those items, it's like I got 30 jars of baby food, a box of baby cereal and two packs of diapers for free!
Not too bad for my first attempt. I learned some things, and now know what to do for next time. The key to getting the most out of your coupons is to use a coupon paired with an in store sale on that item. I was able to do that with some of the baby food. Another great thing is that at the store I shopped at (Publix) you can use a manufacturers coupon, a in store coupon, and a competitor's coupon all for the same item.
For example, with the Gerber Formula, I had a Publix baby club coupon for $5 off, a manufacturers coupon for $3 off, a competitor coupon for $3 off and I also had a manufacturers check for $4.25 off (which is different than a coupon). So Before the coupons, the price was $22.49, what I paid for the formula, $7.24!
Let the coupon fun begin!