Can Michael really be six months old already? I can't believe it has been half a year since we first heard those wonderful words, "You have a son!"
Here is what Michael is up to at six months old:
- Things this month have calmed down, and we have been able to just enjoy spending time as a family.
- Michael saw snow for the second time in his short little life this month. We had a major snowstorm the second week of January, and it left all of us home for a few days. We enjoyed having Daddy home from work.
- Michael rolled over for the first time this month!! It was January 17th and Mommy and Daddy were both home to see him do it for the first time! He is able to go from his belly to his back, but not the other way yet. We are so proud of him. Now anytime we put him on his belly to play, he rolls right over without hesitation.
- Michael also got his first tooth this month! On January 28th, he woke up with a little tooth poking through the skin. Then on Sunday, January 30th, a second tooth popped through also! He had been a little irritable for a few weeks, and now that his teeth are in, he is back to being a happy baby.
- Michael was sick for the first time this month. He had a 24-hour stomach bug, and we hated to see him sick. Thankfully, it only lasted 24 hours, and he was back to himself in no time.
- He is getting better and better at sitting unassisted. He will just sit on the floor and play with his toys for long periods of time.
- He has moved up to wearing size 6-9 months clothes. But is still in size 3 diapers.
- On February 5th, Michael tried solid food for the first time. We started with avocado, and he didn't like it at all. Over the next few weeks, we will be introducing new food to him one at a time. We are hoping that he will like some of the other foods a little better.
- Michael has really started to notice the dogs more and more, and he loves when they get close enough for him to pet. It won't be long until he is chasing them around the house.
- He is starting to develop a little personality, and we know just what to do to make him smile or laugh.
- This has been a big month full of firsts. First time rolling over, first tooth, and first foods. - We are so blessed to have Michael as our son, and the love we have for him continues to grow each and every day.