Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Thursday, September 23, 2010
Just to give you an idea about how fast he is growing; he was 19.5 inches when he was born, 20.5 inches as his two week check up, and last week when I took these pictures, he was 22 inches according to the blanket! I have a feeling he is going to be a really tall boy!
Toby wanted to see what we were doing.
Do you know how hard it is to get a baby to straighten their leg, while you are trying to take a picture.
Monday, September 20, 2010
The little ladies
Ashely with Michael - She is one of the people who were so helpful during the entire adoption process.
Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Tuesday, September 14, 2010
Not much going on around here, we are trying to get on a schedule, and hopefully over the next week or two, we will get a little more consistent with our daily routine. There is one piece of exciting news! Michael slept 7 straight hours last night! It might just be a fluke, but hopefully he will start sleeping longer at night. Before last night, he was consistently getting up every 3 hours to eat. It really isn't so bad. He eats, and then goes right back to sleep, so we are only up for about 20 minutes. But it was still nice to get some uninterrupted sleep.
Also, one month ago today, Michael was placed in our arms! What a wonderful month it has been!
Here are some recent pictures of the little guy. They are all from my phone, so that is why the quality isn't the greatest.
One morning, I had Michael laying in bed with me, and Toby wanted to cuddle too, so he came over and laid right beside him. It was too cute not to take a picture.
Michael is always to alert and happy at night, so I get a lot of good pictures of him in the evening.
This was during the day. I wanted to try out Michael sitting up in the Boppy, but instead of sitting, he just fell over and went to sleep.
He is such a happy baby!
This one I took last night before bed. Again, so happy and content!
I will be posting pictures from our baby shower, that we had this past weekend, in another post.
Wednesday, September 8, 2010
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
Michael, here is what you are up to these days:
- You just started wearing size 1 diapers, you can still fit in newborn, but we were all out, so we went ahead and started wearing the size 1's.
- You like to eat! You are eating 3-4 ounces every 3-4 hours. Some days you only go 2 hours in between feedings, but that's OK, it just means you are growing.
- Speaking of growing, at your 1 month check up you were 9 lbs, 2.5 oz. When we went to your two week check up, you were 7 lbs, 11 oz. - that means you gained over a pound in two weeks!! Good job buddy!
- You sleep pretty good at night, but you aren't on a very consistent schedule. The one good thing is that when you wake up to eat, you eat and then go right back to sleep. Mommy appreciates that very much!
- You can still fit in newborn clothes, but some of your sleepers are a little to short, so we are moving up to 0-3 months size in those.
- You had your first baby shower last week. Everyone was so excited to meet you, and they all brought you wonderful gifts. Grandma did a great job with the shower, and your aunts helped too.
- You have been to church 3 times, and always do such a good job during the service.
- You love music. Daddy likes to introduce new artists to you, and so far, Billy Joel and Journey are your favorites. Mommy plays classical music during the day, which you also seem to like. We hope you will love and appreciate music when you are older.
- You are on Soy formula, and are doing great on it!
- You are such a happy and content baby. The only time you cry, is when you are hungry, which makes it easy for us to figure out what is wrong.
- You have met so many friends and family in your short little life. Including 2 of your Great Grandmas! Everyone loves you so much, and you are so blessed to have such a big family.
- You are still sleeping in your cradle in our room. We did get your nursery furniture, but you will probably be in our room for a couple more weeks, at least...
You have been the biggest blessing to us, and we are so thankful that God chose us to be your parents! We love you so much!
Here is his Mickey Mouse Picture:
Saturday, September 4, 2010
I forgot to take pictures with my camera, so these are from my Mom's. I had in my mind all of these pictures that I wanted to make sure I took, but in the moment, I completely forgot to take any. My sister Sarah took a bunch of pictures, and once I get them from her, I will post them on here.
The gift tableThere were so many people there. Ladies from Bible Study, ladies from my parents church, old friends, new friends, best friends, old co-workers, ladies that work with my mom and dad, sisters, and my MIL. My dad even showed up for part of it. He is one proud Papa. Thank you everyone who helped to make this day so very special for us! I left feeling so loved and knowing that there are so many people that love Michael. Our other shower is in Greenville next weekend, and I'm really looking forward to it.