Michael, here is what you are up to these days:
- You just started wearing size 1 diapers, you can still fit in newborn, but we were all out, so we went ahead and started wearing the size 1's.
- You like to eat! You are eating 3-4 ounces every 3-4 hours. Some days you only go 2 hours in between feedings, but that's OK, it just means you are growing.
- Speaking of growing, at your 1 month check up you were 9 lbs, 2.5 oz. When we went to your two week check up, you were 7 lbs, 11 oz. - that means you gained over a pound in two weeks!! Good job buddy!
- You sleep pretty good at night, but you aren't on a very consistent schedule. The one good thing is that when you wake up to eat, you eat and then go right back to sleep. Mommy appreciates that very much!
- You can still fit in newborn clothes, but some of your sleepers are a little to short, so we are moving up to 0-3 months size in those.
- You had your first baby shower last week. Everyone was so excited to meet you, and they all brought you wonderful gifts. Grandma did a great job with the shower, and your aunts helped too.
- You have been to church 3 times, and always do such a good job during the service.
- You love music. Daddy likes to introduce new artists to you, and so far, Billy Joel and Journey are your favorites. Mommy plays classical music during the day, which you also seem to like. We hope you will love and appreciate music when you are older.
- You are on Soy formula, and are doing great on it!
- You are such a happy and content baby. The only time you cry, is when you are hungry, which makes it easy for us to figure out what is wrong.
- You have met so many friends and family in your short little life. Including 2 of your Great Grandmas! Everyone loves you so much, and you are so blessed to have such a big family.
- You are still sleeping in your cradle in our room. We did get your nursery furniture, but you will probably be in our room for a couple more weeks, at least...
You have been the biggest blessing to us, and we are so thankful that God chose us to be your parents! We love you so much!
Here is his Mickey Mouse Picture:
1 week old
1 month old