Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Ooey-Gooey Turtle Bars

This recipe showed up in my in box yesterday, and I just knew I had to try it out. So, I was going to the grocery store anyway last night, so why not pick up a few extra items. I have just one word to describe these - AMAZING! They were so easy to make too. The hardest part was waiting the 3 1/2 hours for them to cool completely. I didn't even get a chance to try them last night, I had to wait until today. The girls at Scrapbook night will love me for bringing these.

Here is the recipe. Let me know if you make them, and what you think.

INGREDIENTS
1 roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury refrigerated sugar cookies
1 bag (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
3 cups Chopped Pecans
1/2 cup Butter
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1 jar (12.25 oz) Caramel Ice Cream Topping
1 cup graham cracker crumbs (16 squares)

DIRECTIONS
1. Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Press cookie dough evenly in bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch pan.
2. Sprinkle 1 cup of the chocolate chips and 1 1/2 cups of the pecans over dough; lightly press into dough. Set aside.
3. In 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Stir in brown sugar, caramel topping and graham cracker crumbs. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Pour over crust in pan; spread evenly. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup chocolate chips and 1 1/2 cups pecans.
4. Bake 25 to 32 minutes or until edges are deep golden brown and pecans are lightly toasted. Cool on cooling rack 30 minutes; loosen sides from pan, but do not cut. Cool completely, about 3 hours longer. (For firmer bars, let stand an additional 2 hours.)

2 comments:

Papa and Grandma Cox said...

They look good, I might have to try them too.

Mother Michele said...

I am definitely going to make these. My husband will think I am the greatest wife in the world.