Monday, June 30, 2008

Monkey Bread


Some time, last week, I was watching "Unwrapped" on the Food Network and they did a segment on Monkey Bread. It brought back fond memories of eating it as a child. So, I did a little searching on-line, and found a few recipes that I would try. So, Sunday morning, I woke up early and made monkey bread for us for breakfast before church. It turned out really good. It wasn't as good as mom made it when we were little, but it was still good. Andrew liked it, so that's all that matters. Here is the recipe I used:
2 tubes of flaky biscuits
1 cup brown sugar
2 sticks of butter
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup white sugar
1/4 cup pecans

Mix white sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl. Cut each biscuit into fourths. Sprinkle pecans in the bottom of the pan. Melt one stick of butter. Roll the biscuit pieces in the butter and then roll them in the sugar mixture until well coated. Remove biscuits from cinnamon sugar and place in a greased bunt pan. After you have finished, bring brown sugar and butter to a boil and pour over the biscuits. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes and then flip the pan over to remove the monkey bread.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have made monkey bread before . . . I usually make it in a muffin pan, so they are individual.--Amy

Katie said...

I'll have to try that next time.

Anonymous said...

I think that I will try that recipe. sounded easier than waiting for the dough to rise.
MOM