Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Hello from Huntsville, AL

Monday morning, I was approached by my boss and he asked if I would be able to go out of town this week, and spend the night. I didn't have anything going on this week, so I told him I would. Little did I know what would happen next. Within an hour, I found out that I would be traveling to Alabama with one of our project managers.My company has an office in AL, and that is where I would be spending the next 3 DAYS! That's right! I will be here until Thursday. I am the kind of girl who likes things planned out, and this was not planned. I had to book a flight, rental car, and hotel rooms all before leaving for the airport at 2:30 pm. It's a good thing I live close to my office. I ran home at lunch and packed my bag very quickly. I also had to make sure that what I was supposed to normally do this week, was taken care of. (Thanks Sarah!) When we got to the Charlotte Airport, the check in for NWA was ridiculous! Nobody knew what was going on, and when we finally got to the front of the line, we were told we had to check in with US Airways! What! Well, our original flight had a layover in Memphis, TN, and apparently that flight had been delayed out of Memphis, so they booked us on a non-stop straight to Huntsville! I guess it was worth the wait in line, since there was good news. We got to Huntsville 3 hours earlier than we would have! After getting our luggage, finding the rental car, and checking into the hotel, George and I went for dinner. We had Mexican, and it was pretty good. There is a one hour time difference here, and by 9:00 I was tired, since I normally go to be around 10:00. We had to be up and at the office by 7:00 this morning, but that is where the time difference helps out, since I really didn't have to wake up any earlier than I normally would have. So, today had been full of sorting and filing, and organizing (That is what I'm doing down here). They took us to lunch at a place called Tommy's Pizza. It was very good. We ordered a whole pizza to share between 5 people, and it was seriously 3 feet wide. After lunch it was back to work sorting, filing, and organizing...fun...fun...fun... I am back in the hotel room, and I even brought some work with me to do back here. What else am I going to do?
On a separate note, I just talked to Andrew, and he said that some of my tomatoes finally got ripe enough to pick, so he is sending me pictures to put on here. I was a little sad that I missed out on picking my first tomato of the season.


Hawklady said...

I'm sooo glad that they didn't ask me to go! I would have missed my babies too much. Thursday will be here before you know it!

kellyn2girls1boy said...

Hopefully all that paperwork will make the time go by faster. Sorry you didn't get to pick your tomatoes that is sad.