Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Gray & White Crochet Baby Blanket

My MIL asked me to make a baby blanket for her take to a baby shower. I was happy to make one. 

They requested blue and white or gray and white. I started on a blue and white one with yarn that I already had. Well, I ran out of the blue and couldn't find anymore at the store, so I had to start all over and decided to get gray and white. It got a big chunky yarn that was super soft. I figured it would be a good winter baby blanket. I really like how the gray and white turned out. I've never used gray before, so I was pleasantly surprised. It was very "boyish". 
And I had enough yarn left over to make a little hat. It's perfect for those newborn days, when you want to make sure their little head stays nice and warm. 

MIL said that the blanket was a big hit at the shower and they all loved it. I'm so glad!  

No comments: