Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas Tour of Homes

Welcome to my Home. I don't have that many Christmas decorations, everything is really simple, and not too elaborate. Here is my front door. Just a simple wreath.
Here is my Christmas Tree that we have in our living room. It is a real Douglas Fir Tree. We have had a real tree every year since we've been married. I Actually made the tree skirt the first year we were married. I also made matching stockings, which you will see further down. My ornaments are just a good variety. I don't have a "theme" or a color scheme. I have several that have special meaning. Like this one from Hamburg. My Jennifer gave this to me last year for Christmas when she was living there. It's really special now that I have gone to Hamburg. This ornament I got at Buckingham Palace when I was in London earlier this year. I got each one of these ornaments for my fur babies for their first Christmas.

My Fireplace decor. Everyone has a stocking, even the dogs.


The stockings I made for our first Christmas. I try to get a new pin for our stockings each year, although I have missed one or two.
Here is mine.

And this is Andrew's.
Here is my nativity on my mantel. I got the Nativity Set from my parents when I got married.
This is the top of my TV cabinet.
This tree is made from kudzu, and my friend Jessica's Mom made it. I blogged about it last year when I got it. I have it sitting on a small table in my entry way.

Here is my dining room. When I was little, we had a tree just like this, so when I saw it at the pottery store to paint, I had to get it to continue the tradition. I have it sitting on top of my china cabinet.
Here is my dining room table. The cute Christmas china I got for a steal a few years ago after Christmas. I made the napkin rings last year, and they were super easy to make. Here is the outside decorations. We only do wreaths on the windows, no lights. (Molly wanted to be in the picture too)
Thanks for stopping by, I hope you have enjoyed my little tour.
Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Jeri ~ said...

Beautiful home and decorations. I haven't had a real tree for many years, I sure do miss that wonderful smell!

Sue said...

Loved all of your decorations especially the Nativity.
Sue

Maria said...

Your home looks so cozy and welcoming. Thanks for sharing!

Merry Christmas!