Here is what Michael is up to at 12 Months Old:
- He is walking everywhere! No more crawling for him!
- He is working on getting his 1 year molars. The top ones are almost through, and the bottom ones are very swollen.
- He weighs about 24 lbs and is 32” tall!
- He is eating all kinds of table food. The only baby food he still gets is apple sauce, baby yogurt, and baby cereal (for breakfast). Some of his favorites are: cheese, chicken, pizza, and grits.
- We are almost done transitioning him to the milk-based formula. Once that is complete, we can start to transition him to whole milk. Let’s hope that goes well. He hasn’t had any more issues with the milk-based formula.
- He still isn’t saying too many words. He does say “Mama” but it is very rare. He has started to try and say “please” and “thanks” but the only part that comes out is the "sss" sound on the end. But he holds it out for a long time, thinking he is saying the whole word. It is very cute.
- He loves to the play the drums. When we are upstairs playing, he will make his way into the spare bedroom where the drums are, and pick up a drum stick and start banging on the cymbals.
- He is getting more and more interested in books lately. He will sit with a book for several minutes just flipping the pages and looking at the pictures. He still doesn’t want to read through a book, which takes too long. But he loves turning the pages as I try to get out as many words as I can from that page.
- He is down to one long nap a day. He usually naps from 1:00 – 3:30 pm and then goes to bed at 7:30.
- It is hard to keep him entertained at work now. He used to be happy sitting and playing in the pack 'n play, but now he wants to be out, running around. We are trying to work around that issue.
- This has been the best year of our lives, and there are no words to express how extremely happy he has made us.
Michael, you are the best thing that has ever happened to your Daddy and Me, and we will forever be grateful that God chose us, to be your parents