Saturday, September 21, 2013

More scrapbook talk

When I finished with my Disney album, it was time to start catching up on Michael's. He already has one complete album that goes from birth to December 2012. 

Then I started a new one in January and plan to keep all of his albums consistent with the calendar year instead of birthday year. 

I'm not sure if I will be able to fit two or three years in this album, therefore I have left the date blank.  

This album went up to Easter, so I had a lot to catch up on.
These pictures are from April to August. 

 I like to do a page for each month or season, depending on how many pictures I have. I also do a page for each trip we take and for each holiday. His birthday usually gets three or four pages. 

I never liked to add journal boxes to my scrapbooks, but lately I love doing them. It helps me to remember the date and what and where each picture is. 

I hate to get behind on my scrapbooks, and I know some people who are years behind. But for me, and my type A personality, I like to have everything finished as quickly as I can. 


One thing that helps me stay on top of these albums, is having my pictures printed. Every time snapfish or shutterfly offer free or penny prints, I order pictures. Sometimes I don't have any pictures that I need to print, like right now. Snapfish had their penny print sale going on. 


Then other times, I have a ton of pictures that I need to print, so I sometimes have I wait for another sale to get them all printed. 


Either way, I can't scrapbook, if I don't have pictures. 

I don't know if I will always do traditional scrapbooking, or I may switch to digital one day. Either way, I love my scrapbooks and I am so glad that I have them. 

No comments: