Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Carving our pumpkin

Ever since we bought a pumpkin, 3 weeks ago, Michael has been asking when we could carve it. Well this weekend we finally carved it! 

He wanted our pumpkin to have a scary face, so he drew out what he wanted it to look like. 

I love a 5 year olds version of scary! 

Daddy has the job of carving, while I get to sort through the guts and pull out all of the seeds for roasting. 


Michael was so happy with how it turned out and loves to go light it every night. 

Just a side note, but as I was elbow deep in pumpkin guts, this overwhelming feeling of nostalgia came over me and I was flooded with memories of my childhood. All of us sitting on our picnic table in upstate New York, drawing our faces, dad carving the face, us kids pulling all of the guts out. All of it was wonderful! Happy memories from childhood! 


No comments: