Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A little bit of everything

It's been a while since I posted a new blog. So here is just a little bit of what's going on:

- For the Bible Study that I am currently working through, we are supposed to memorize Psalm 121. It has been a long time since I memorized any scripture, so I'm a little nervous / excited about learning this one. It is a very familiar verse, so I'm hoping it will be easy to recall the entire thing. This week I need to have the first four verses memorized.
"I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the Lord,
who made Heaven and Earth.
He will not allow your foot to slip;
He who keeps you will not slumber.
Behold, He who keeps Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep."

- Today marks 3 weeks without any sweets! Only one more week to go! 8 more days! I will not eat any sweets...I will not eat any sweets...I will not eat any sweets.
- Last weeks, the city of Gaffney, SC pulled together to honor a fallen hero. On Wednesday, we lined the streets of Gaffney as his body was transported from the airport to the funeral home. Thousands of people lined the streets holding American Flags, with tears in our eyes, as the processional went past. In the words of a local child, "It was the coolest, saddest thing I have ever seen." I have never been more proud of my community as I was last week. The funeral was on Friday, so again, thousands of people lined the streets from the church to the cemetery to honor a 20 year old who had given the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom.

1 comment:

kellyn2girls1boy said...

Katie,
I forgot about your no sweets thing and bought you a bag of candy corn yesterday, I will give them to you in October! Clara had to say that verse in a program at church one time, just the first verse, and I taught it to her as a song, that helped her.