Wednesday, September 30, 2009

My Month Without Sweets

Here is what I have learned this past month, by not eating/drinking anything sweet for the entire month of September?
  • I love Chocolate!
  • I don't need chocolate to survive.
  • Water isn't too bad, once you get used to it.
  • After only drinking water, your body actually craves it.
  • I snack less, when there isn't anything sweet to snack on.
  • My pants fit a little better these days.
  • My skin is clearer without all the sweets.
  • I have great Will Power.
  • Once I put my mind to something, I follow through.

Yes, I am going to eat sweets starting tomorrow. No, I'm not going to eat nearly as many. That was the whole point of this experiment, to train myself to not be so dependent on Sweets. I will definitely be more careful before I put something in my mouth. Now that I know I can go without, it will make it easier to say no.

So, what should I go without next month? Any Ideas... Let me know.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

You've done well Katie. Better than I would have. I'm bringing a cake to work tomorrow!

jim thompson said...

So good, katie!! that's so true about craving water - everything feels better when you're hydrated

-sara

kellyn2girls1boy said...

Good job Katie! How about no TV for a month? That wouldn't work, we would not see you the next month because of your catching up on shows you missed. How about 6 to 8 glasses of water a day, instead of cutting something out. Just a reccomendation if you do that, don't guzzle 5 glasses at bedtime to meet your goal, you will mot sleep well!