Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Weekend with the Girls

This past weekend, my friends and I were able to get together for a mini girls weekend. Jessica cooked a wonderful meal for us on Friday night.We also got to open our Christmas gifts from Jessica. She made us all matching aprons. How cute are these. Dessert was Apple dumplings, and they were so good. Saturday we had a great brunch at Cracker Barrel, and then did a little shopping at Target. Jessica and Julie are both pregnant, so we mostly looked around the baby area. We also stopped by a children's furniture store, and Jessica may have found a crib for her new baby girl. She is due March 30th, and Julie is Due June 30th.

Was it hard for me to be around my pregnant friends? Yes. Did I wish it was me picking out baby items? Of course. Am I bitter? A little. Does God have a plan? Absolutely. That is the only way I get through tough days, remembering that God has a plan for me. I love my friends dearly, and I am so excited for them. It's just hard to be around all of the excitement and not hurt, just a little.


3 comments:

Sarah said...

Katie, looks like you had fun, those aprons are super cute! I don't know how hard this is for you so I won't pretend to. Just know that I love you and I am praying for you and Andrew. God does have a plan try to keep remembering that!

Kathryn said...

I love, love, love the aprons!

Hang in there...even though I know it's tough sometimes. I'll be thinking of you and praying for you!

carolinagirl said...

I've been there and know exactly how that feels. I've cried many tears in the shower. I have been praying for you and will continue to pray for you both.

Love ya!