Saturday, July 31, 2010

Adoption Update

Here is just a quick update on the adoption. Last week, we were sent a ton of paperwork to complete and send to the agency. Also with the packet, were finger print cards. So, off to the sheriff's office to get fingerprinted. The officer that actually did the fingerprinting was asking us why we needed the finger prints, and it turns out, he and his wife just adopted in January of this year! He was so excited for us, and truly happy that we were adopting! We got those sent off, and all of our paperwork to the agency. On Friday (July, 23rd), I got a phone call from the agency saying that they met with the birth mom and that she had been having contractions for the past few nights! So there is a possibility that the baby could come sooner than August 10th! I was super excited, and all week, I have thought that the baby could be coming at any time. Well, it is a week later, and still no baby. She had a Dr. appointment on Monday, and they said everything looked good, but that the contractions were not strong or regular enough yet. She has another Dr. Appointment this Monday, so maybe we will find something out then. I asked Andrew this week, when was too early to pack the baby's bag? He said I needed to at least wait till he was born, since we still have an additional 5 days to wait after the birth. I am just so excited, and I'm trying to find stuff to do to fill my time. I'm not allowed to shop, since we still havne't even had our showers yet, and they won't be for a few weeks after we get home with him. I do need to find a "coming home" outfit for the little guy, but I'm waiting until we get the word that he is officially ours. I don't want to buy an outfit especially for him, and then something happens with the adoption, and we don't bring him home. I am trying to keep myself very guarded, just in case. There is always the chance that something could happen. When we started the adoption process, everyone told me, guard your heart, and prepare for heartache. So that is what I am doing. It is a lot easier to give your whole heart at the right time, then to take back your heart after you have already given it away too early.
Andrew and I are so excited, and can't wait to finally hold that little baby in our arms! Please continue to pray for us as we wait for the baby to be born. Pray for the Birth Mom as she has makes this decision. Pray for a healthy delivery, and a healthy baby boy. Pray that the 5 days we wait to go pick him up, will go by quickly, with no incident. And pray that we come home with our son. Thanks so much for all of your prayers and encouragement.

1 comment:

kellyn2girls1boy said...

praying for you and very excited to meet my new nephew!