Tuesday, April 5, 2011

More Baby Food

Last week I made a ton of baby food, and it has been great having it in the freezer. When it is time for Michael to eat, I just grab a few "cubes" out of the freezer, put them in the microwave, and in about 15 seconds, Michael has a meal. Here is what I made: Green Beans Carrots Apples Pears Peaches Prunes The easiest to make are the ones you can find in the frozen food section in the grocery store. I was able to get the Green Beans, Carrots, and peaches that way. Then you just throw them in the steamer, let them cook, then puree, portion out and freeze. Really easy. I started taking pictures while I was making all of the food, but then decided I was making too much to take that many pictures. So, here are pictures of the green beans and carrots. If I make anything super interesting, I will take some more pictures. The most time consuming to make were the apples. I had to peel, chop, steam, puree, and portion out. If I had an apple peeler, it would have make this a lot easier. Maybe next time I make apples, I will borrow an apple peeler from someone. That would save a ton of time. Michael is getting the the point where he is almost ready to eat table food, so I'm not sure how much more baby food I will need to make.

No comments: