Sunday, February 5, 2012

Canvas storage box

I found this idea on Pinterest, and loved it!

So, last week, I went to JoAnn's and found some cute fabric, so I could make some boxes for Michael's closet. This weekend, I made this cute storage box.
Since This Blog already did a great job with the tutorial, I won't post how I made it. Just follow her steps and you will be good to go.  
The only thing is, I should have got more fabric. In her tutorial, she said she was able to cover the box using 1/2 a yard of fabric. So, I got a whole yard, thinking it would be enough for two boxes and it wasn't. So, now I have to go back and get more for my second box. So, made sure you measure your box first, and measure the fabric you are getting, just to make sure you get enough.
But anyway, I love how it turned out, and I'm thinking about where I could put some more of these. They are great and so practical for storing so much!
I also have to give a big THANK YOU to my Mom, who helped me sew the lining. Thanks Mom, you ROCK!

1 comment:

kellyn2girls1boy said...

I think that I am going to make one, thanks for sharing the idea.