Friday, April 13, 2012

What's for Dinner - Bacon Cheddar Quiche

Let me start by saying, we love eMeals! We have been doing it for almost a year now and it is great! There is zero thought about a menu and grocery shopping. They do it all for you. (And no, they are not paying me to say this, they don't even know my blog exists.)
SAVE TIME AND MONEY WITH EMEALS MEAL PLANS

Anyway, I thought I would start sharing what I cook for dinner each night, and include a picture and the recipe. So, here goes my first "What's for Dinner..." post.

Last night was Bacon Cheddar Quiche. The recipe was for a bacon-Swiss quiche, but since I don't like Swiss cheese, I changed it to fit our taste but you can use Swiss cheese, if that's what you like.

Recipe:
2 standard frozen pie crusts or 1 deep dish pie crust
¼ c green onions, sliced
(1 T butter)
6 eggs
1½ c whipping cream
¼ c apple juice
16 oz sliced bacon, cooked & crumbled
8 oz shredded cheddar cheese

In small skillet, saute green onions in butter (I actually sauteed them in the bacon fat); set aside. In large bowl, whisk together eggs, cream & juice. Stir in bacon, salt and pepper to taste and green onions. Divide evenly into 2 pie crusts and top with cheese. Bake at 350o for 40-45 minutes until set. Let stand 5-10 minutes before cutting.

Total Prep time: 30 Minutes
Total Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Total: 1 Hour 15 minutes

I served this with fruit salad on the side.

My thoughts: This was so good! It was light, and fluffy. Great flavor! I'm looking forward to having the leftovers for lunch, and I hate eating leftovers for lunch! Because this made two, there is plenty for a family of 4, or enough for a second meal. I would highly recommend this recipe for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner. It would be great for any meal!

No comments: