Friday, November 30, 2012

Cream Cheese Mints

I found this recipe on Pinterest, and it reminded me of some mints someone made for one of my bridal showers. I made a batch a few weeks ago and they were just like I remembered them. So I made another batch today and thought I would share the recipe on my blog.

They are really easy to make, but time consuming to roll out all of the balls. They are Michael approved, so that means they have to be good.


Here is the recipe and directions:

Homemade Cream Cheese Mints

Yield: 70 U.S. quarter-size mints
Calories per mint: about 10
Note: I typically double this recipe

1 3-ounce package cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon pure peppermint or mint extract
3 cups powdered sugar, sifted
(Optional) Food coloring


Directions:

Line baking sheets with waxed paper.

In a mixing bowl, with an electric mixer beat together softened cream cheese and peppermint extract.

Note: While creaming the cream cheese is the ideal time to add food coloring to dye the dough.

Add powdered sugar gradually and beat until smooth, kneading in the last of the powdered sugar with hands or a heavy spoon.

Using a 1/2-teaspoon measuring spoon, form mixture into balls the size of a cherry.

Place two rows of dough balls 1/2-inch or so apart, then flatten with a pretty stamp or a fork, like I do. If you'll lay out a couple rows first, by the time you're ready to roll out the third row, the tops of the dough balls are dry enough to flatten easily without having to dip and re-dip the fork in powdered sugar.
Let the mints stand overnight. Every several hours, gently turn them over.

Store in an airtight container.






 


 

No comments: