Saturday, April 5, 2014

My Grandma

This past Sunday, my Grandma went to heaven. Almost two years after my Papa passed away.


She was not well, and we had been expecting it for a while now. It doesn't make it any easier, but we were prepared. I was not able to fly to California for the funeral, but my parents went, and it looks like it was a wonderful memorial for a wonderful woman.

My dad with his brothers and sisters
I only ever saw my Grandma a handful of times.

That's what happens when you live on the other side of the country from each other.

She did meet Michael one time, when he was just two weeks old. She flew from California to South Carolina to spend a week with my parents, and it just happened to coincide with us bringing Michael home!

She was the sweetest lady, and a wonderful Grandmother. We will miss you so much Grandma.

No comments: