Michael is growing and changing so much these days. His little personality is so fun, and he is in full blown toddler mode. Here is what he is up to:
- He runs everywhere and keeps me on my toes.
- His vocabulary is growing daily. Some of the new words he is saying are: No no, Mimi, Papa, Baby
He doesn't tell us no, he just repeats it when I tell him no, or he tells the dogs no, when they are licking him. It's very cute the way he says it. Also, if you ask him where the baby is, he points to himself.
- He knows where his head, eyes, nose, mouth, ears, belly, and toes are and can point to each of them when asked.
- He knows who Mickey Mouse is, and will point to him in pictures and to his stuffed Mickey. He has even tried to say Mickey a few times, but not consistently. We are really working on this one, since he will be seeing Mickey on the cruise in 3 weeks.
- He is eating like a horse. He eats all day, everyday. We will finish eating a meal, and within 5 minutes, he is signing the word eat to us. I'm happy that he has a good appetite and will eat most everything we give him. He does eat better for Andrew than he does for me. I will try to give him something and he won't take it, so I hand the fork to Andrew and when Andrew tries, Michael opens his mouth and takes a bite, and then asks for more.
- He is 26 pounds and getting harder to carry around. As far as how tall he is, if you lay him down and measure, he is 34 inches but when you stand him up and measure he is 31 inches. So, not quite sure how to measure him.
- He loves to help with the laundry and the dishwasher. Anytime he hears me open the laundry room doors, he comes running. He has the very important job of shutting the dryer door after I load the clothes in it. He loves to watch it fly up and slam shut. Same thing with the dishwasher. After I get it all loaded or unloaded he is there to help shut the door.
He is so much fun, and keeps us laughing all the time. We love him so much, and often, after he goes to bed at night, we sit and talk about how cute he is and what a sweet boy he is.