Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Vacation - Day 5

Well, today started out with blue skies! I woke up and ran to the balcony to see what the weather was doing. It wasn't raining, so I put my swim suite on and headed to the pool at 10:00 am. It was beautiful! I sat in the sun and read my book, jumping in the pool every little bit to cool off. Around 1:30 the clouds started rolling in, but I wasn't going anywhere until there were actual raindrops falling from the sky. Well, about 30 minutes later, that is what happened. There was a loud crack of Thunder, and then it started pouring. So, off to my room for a shower and to continue reading on the balcony. If I can't be laying by the pool, I might as well sit on my balcony and watch the waves. Apparently all the storms that we have had over the past 3 days have done a number on the beach. Andrew and I walked down on the beach late this afternoon, and this is what the ramp up to the pier looked like.
Yes, the sand is up to the handrail.
Here we are down on the beach.
The surfers are loving this weather, because it makes the waves huge.
I wish you could tell just how big the waves really are.
Here is Andrew in front of our resort. Our room is the balcony right over Andrew's left shoulder.
After our walk on the beach, we got ready and headed to dinner here at the resort.
Now we are in our room watching the American Idol finale.
Forecast for tomorrow - 60% chance of rain :( Let's hope the other 40% wins out, and we don't see any rain tomorrow.

1 comment:

kellyn2girls1boy said...

I hope that the 40% wins too, for your sake. I watered your plants today, hope you got the pictures I sent you. We will be picking some more berries this after noon!