Friday, May 22, 2009

Vacation - Day 7

**Sorry, I didn't take a single picture today.***
I woke up this morning to blue skies! So I quickly got my bathing suite on headed to the pool. It was absolutely gorgeous until about 2:00. Then it got dark, and stormy, and the rain was back. We did have a great morning enjoying the sunshine. When the rain started, we went back to our room, but I refused to take my bathing suite off. I just knew the storm would blow over and I would be back at the pool in no time. Well, the longer I waited, the worse it got. But I was still holding out. Finally when it looked like there was no possibility of it clearing up, I begged Andrew to go to the beach with me and swim in the ocean. We hadn't been in the Ocean at all this week, and the waves are so big, I really wanted to go play in them. Andrew wasn't too keen on the idea of swimming in the ocean, but he said he would go for just a little bit. It was still raining, but this was my last chance to go, since we are leaving tomorrow. We played in the waves for about 20 minutes, and then Andrew had had enough. I actually got pulled out a little too far by the waves, and was a little scared at one point. I managed to make it back to the shore, but was exhausted from swimming so hard. I have never seen the ocean look like this. The waves were huge. The rest of the afternoon was spent in the room. Andrew watched a few movies, and I finished up my 2nd book of the week, Marley and Me. I had seen the movie, but heard that the book was better. I wouldn't say it was better, just different. The book gave a lot more detail about the life of Marley. They did have one major thing in common, I cried at the end of the book and the movie. It really made me miss my puppies, and makes me so sad to think about the day when they will no longer be with us. Anyway...back to my day. We ate dinner at the resort again. Andrew got the NY Strip and I just got a chicken Cesar salad. Everything was great, like it has been all week. We are sad to be leaving here tomorrow, but have had a great time. Even with all the rain. We will drive to Orlando tomorrow and spent the day at a Disney park, and then dinner for our Anniversary. We are staying at Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa. On Sunday, we head home. Praying for better weather in Orlando.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm glad you finally got some sun! Happy anniversary (tomorrow)

carolinagirl said...

Maybe we should come over and join you at the park tomorrow! :-)