Thursday, July 16, 2009

Disney Day 4

Yesterday started out with a trip to Hollywood Studios. We had plans of riding the Rockin Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror, and the New Toy Story Ride. Well, the Toy Store ride had a 70 minute wait, and the fast pass return was for 4:30 pm, and it was only 10:30. There was no way we wanted to wait around that long just for a ride. We called Mike and Amy, who were also at the park, and we met up with them. We were on our way to the roller coaster, and the American Idol experience was just getting ready to start, so we went in. It was a cute little reproduction of the real show. After American Idol, we went to get a fast pass for the rockin roller coaster and ride tower of terror. Well, The line for the Roller coaster was 70 minutes, and the fast pass return wasn't until 4:00. We were not planning on being at the park until 4:00, so we decided to skip that ride. We went to Tower of Terror and the fast pass return was for 12:30. So, we went to lunch with Amy and Mike at the ABC Commissary. I got a cheese burger with apple slices and a fruit parfait for dessert. Andrew got fried fish with french fries and chocolate mousse for dessert. After lunch we went to ride the Tower of Terror. We left Hollywood Studios around 1:00, and then spent some time at the pool. At 4:00 we went to the Welcome Home Wednesday for Vacation Club Members. It is just an informational get-together for members to hear about anything new and excited going on. After that, we went over to the Animal Kingdom. We saw the Lion King show, which was good, and then ate dinner at Flame tree BBQ. I got the pulled pork sandwich, and Andrew got the 1/2 rack of ribs. This was our view from our dinner table. As we were eating dinner, and huge storm blew in. There was lots of lightning and Thunder, but only a little bit of rain. We wanted to ride Expedition Everest, but they closed it due to the weather. When the rain finally did start, we decided it was time to call it a night. We got back to the resort around 9:00, and watched a movie. The rest of the family was out til almost 11:00.
Day 4 was a very long, hot, tiring day, but it was also a lot of fun.

No comments: