Monday, July 13, 2009

Disney Wolrd Day 1

Well, day 1 has come and gone, and day 2 is underway. We flew out of Charlotte at 6:00 am and had a short layover in Atlanta, and then landed in Orlando at 9:30 am. We ended up getting to the resort before any of Andrew's family. After everyone arrived, we checked in, but our room wasn't ready yet. We were all hungry to we went over to Downtown Disney for some lunch. We at at the Earl of Sandwich, and it was very good. We walked around DTD until Andrew and I were so tired we couldn't stand it, he and I headed back to the resort to see if the room was ready. It wasn't, so we sat on the couches in the lobby and Andrew took a nap. I tried, but it just wasn't happening. Our room was finally ready at 3:00, so we went over there. The room is really nice. It is a 3 bedroom villa, so we all get our own rooms. Andrew and I took a nap before we had to leave for dinner. Dinner was at the Crystal Palace at the Magic Kingdom. It is a character dinner, so we ate dinner with Winnie the pooh, Tigger, Piglet and Eeyore. I was busy taking pictures of Maggie with the Characters, with the MIL's camera, we didn't get our picture taken with any of the characters. Disney is so different when you are there with a kid. Andrew and I are not used to this at all. Here we are at dinner, all of the food was very yummy! After dinner we walked around the Magic Kingdom. We rode a a few rides, but we were back at our room before 10:00 pm. Needless to say, we went straight to bed, and slept until 11:00 this morning! When I woke up, and put my bathing suit on and went straight to the pool. After a few hours, I came back to the room and got ready. We have dinner reservations in Japan at EPCOT tonight and I'm getting ready to leave now. So far, it has been a fun trip. I need to focus on taking more pictures. At the rate I'm going, I will have hardly anything to scrapbook.

No comments: