Saturday, July 18, 2009

Disney Day 5 and 6

Day 5 started out with Breakfast at the Animal Kingdom with the whole family. While we were walking into the park, Andrew ran into one of his co-workers from when he worked at Disney 7 years ago. Her name is Jackie, and she is one of the sweetest ladies. It was so good to reconnect with her. Breakfast was a character breakfast, and it was buffet style. All of the food was yummy, and the characters were a lot of fun. After breakfast, Andrew and I went on the African safari ride, then it was back to the resort for some pool time. It was so hot! After some relaxation, we went to the Caribbean Beach hotel for dinner, and then went to Hollywood studios to try and ride some of the attractions we didn't get a chance to do the day before. Well, It was still a long line at Toy Story Mania and Rockin' Roller Coaster. At least 60 - 75 minutes! So we left, and went back to the resort. The rest of the family was out pretty late, but since it was their last full day, they were wanting to get the most out of the day.
Day 6 started with us packing our bags, and sending them off to the Wilderness Lodge, since that is where we will be staying for the next two nights. The rest of the family was leaving, so we helped load up their cars, and then we all drove over to Downtown Disney for an early lunch, and shopping. We ate at the Earl of Sandwich again, and then shopped around. Andrew's parents dropped us off at our new resort, and then they hit the road back to South Carolina. We checked in, but our room wasn't ready, so we went to the pool and enjoyed a quiet, relaxing afternoon. It started to get a little overcast, but it was perfect napping-by-the-pool weather. Around 3:45 we got a text, saying that our room was ready. We went to check it out, and it is great. Andrew says that this is his favorite DVC Resort. We were going to go back to the pool, but it started pouring rain, with Thunder and Lightning, so we changed back into our clothes, and walked around the lobby of the resort. We had dinner reservations for the Beirgarten Restaurant in Germany at EPCOT for 7:30. The restaurant is buffet style, and they had all kinds of food, and it was all so good. My favorite was the Bavarian Cheese Cake. Oh My Goodness....Delicious! After dinner, we took the Monorail over to the Magic Kingdom, since it was staying open until 3:00 am. We figured we would get a change to ride everything since it would be less crowded. We were right. We walked on to most rides, and the longest we had to wait was 20 minutes. Every time we come to Disney, I ask Andrew to ride the tea cups with me, and every time, he refuses. He says it makes him sick. Well, before we left for this trip, he promised that he would ride them with me this time. So, last night was the night. While in line, I asked him how long it had been since he had ridden them, and it turns out it has been over 20 years!! So he got sick when he was 6 or 7, and has refused to ride the tea cups ever since! And guess what! He made it through the whole ride without getting sick, and he even enjoyed himself. If you ask him, he'll say he didn't enjoy it, but I could tell that he was having a good time. We had a great, full, long day and by the time we got back to our room, it was 2:30 am. Saturday is our last day, and then it's back home for us, and back to the real world!

No comments: