Monday, November 7, 2011

15 Months!!!

I cannot believe Michael is 15 months old already! Here is what's new with him:

- He now has 13 teeth with 3 more almost through.
- He has mastered climbing down the stairs! That is a big relief for this Mama. Now I don't worry about him falling down them.
- He has almost figured out how to climb up onto the couch. He still needs a little assistance, but it won't be long till he is doing it by himself.
- He has finally figured out that I am "Mama" and it has turned into one of his favorite words. Which is music to my ears! It took him long enough, but I knew he would get it eventually.
- He loves playing outside. He just loves to walk around the back yard picking up leaves. He also loves playing on the screened in porch, I think it's because he can open and close the screen door by himself. We go out every afternoon for at least an hour, sometimes more. I'm not sure what we are going to do when it gets too cold to go out.
- He has become very attached to his blanket he sleeps with. I knew he liked it a lot and would cuddle it while he slept. But a few weeks ago, it was in the wash during nap time, and he had the hardest time falling asleep. Once the blanket was back in his crib, he went right to sleep. So now I have to schedule laundry around his nap time, just to make sure the blanket is in his crib.
- He will be going to Shriner's hospital this Friday for a consultation about his feet/ankles. We are praying it is something that can be fixed with special shoes or braces and not require surgery.

I will end with some pictures that we took this afternoon outside.

No comments: