Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Handprint Turkey Shirt

I wanted to make Michael a cute shirt for Thanksgiving so I started looking around and found this:
http://morganmoore.typepad.com/one_more_moore/2008/11/a-turkey-for-me-and-a-turkey-for-you.html
(sorry, blogging from my phone and I can't add link.)
I wanted to do it a little different so I searched how to appliqué, and found this great post. www.Girlythingsbows.com/applique_shirt.html
I knew I could do it, so I went to Joanne's to buy all of the needed supplies. I'm not going to write down all of the steps, since she did a good job of that already.

The hardest part of this project was getting a good handprint from Michael. It required help from Andrew to hold Michael still and his hand flat, while I traced it.

I love how it turned out and I can't wait for him to wear it on Thanksgiving day.

No comments: