Saturday, August 24, 2013

Big Boy Bed Part 2

First, Michael and I went shopping for a blanket for his bed. I wanted something classic and that will grow with him. I don't want to be buying a new blanket every couple of years for him. 

I really liked several from Pottery Barn, but I just cannot justify paying $125 for just a quilt!
So, we went to Marshall's and found just what we were looking for! There were two different ones I liked, so I let Michael pick which one he wanted. 

I'm glad he picked the one he did, cause that was the one I would have picked too. 

I love all the blues, and the bright green gives it a little something. 

Best part, it was only $40 and included the sham! 

Now for an update on how he is doing in his new bed:

Well, Michael has been in his new bed for a week now and it has completely changes his sleeping patterns. I was not expecting this at all. He usually would go to bed really easily, go right to sleep and sleep till 8 or 8:30. Now, he wants to play at bed time, is getting out of his bed when he is supposed to be sleeping, and he is waking up at 7:00! His naps are also getting shorter. He used to nap for 2+ hours, and yesterday, it was only an hour. 

Last night, I kept hearing walking around, so I went to check on him and he had every light on upstairs and was playing in the extra bedroom! I think tonight we will be putting up the baby gate outside of his room, so he at least he will stay in his room. We don't really mind if he is in his bed looking at books (which he was also doing last night), because he will eventually fall asleep. We just don't want him wandering around the house. This morning, when I went downstairs, the lights were on, and his toys were out. So, who knows when he was down there playing! 

This probably has a lot to do with him testing his boundaries. He has been doing that a lot lately, and this is just one more area where he wants to see what he can get away with. Hopefully he will figure it out quickly. 

No comments: