Saturday, March 14, 2009

Hamburg, Day 1

Today was a wonderful day in Hamburg. I took 78 pictures just today! Don't worry, I'm not posting a lot. I'll save them for the scrapbook. Anyway, I slept till 12:45 pm, and it was definitely needed. After I got up and got ready, Jennifer made a traditional German Breakfast for us. We had a hard roll with butter, cheese and sliced meat; hard boiled eggs, and fruit salad. It was all delicious. Then, Jennifer and I headed out to the city to do a Scenic Bus tour. Here is me in front of the bus.



The bus tour lasted about 1 1/2 hours. We decided to get off of the bus for a little Crepe Break. I got the Banana with Nutella, and Jennifer got Cinnamon Sugar. They were both great. It was a little rainy, but not too bad. Here is me eating my Crepe.

We got back on the bus and finished our tour. It was nice being able to see most of the city in a short amount of time, and getting all of the history about the old buildings. Here is the town hall, or what they call the Rathaus. It is a beautiful building, especially at night.
Then for dinner we went to the Hofbrau Munchen. It was a traditional Southern German Restaurant. This is what I got for diner. It's Pork Loin with a knoedel (Potato dumpling) and a salad. The crusty thing on top is the fried fat (kinda like fatback). Andrew would have loved it.
The restaurant had live German music and lots of beer. Not only was there German music, but they also played old American Music. So, we were able to sing along with a lot of the songs. Here are Jennifer and I outside the restaurant.

My first day in Germany was so much fun. Tomorrow we are waking up early and going to the Ficsh-markt. Then tomorrow night, we are headed to LONDON!!!

3 comments:

Papa and Grandma Cox said...

Looks like you are having a great time ! The food looks good too ! You will have to cook some of these things for us when you get back.

Anonymous said...

So fun! Thanks for the updates. These are great pictures.

thesandifers said...

I am so excited that you are blogging your trip! Keep blogging about the food, it looks so delicious!