Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Little Dresses for Africa

Little Dresses for Africa is a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide relief to children in Central Africa. People from all over the United States join together to make little dresses out of simple patterns. Some sew. Some donate. Some go to Africa and some send others. Little Dresses for Africa makes all the arrangements to get the dresses to the children and distributes them through the orphanages.

My sister's and I will be making as many dresses as we can to donate. Thanks to my Father-in-law and Miracle Hill Thrift store, I have 18 pillowcases to start with. In just one hour on Sunday afternoon, I made the first one, and I think it turned out so cute. If you would like to help, just let me know, or click on the link above for more information.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Looks good Katie

carolinagirl said...

Very Cute! I'll be looking for some pillow cases for you!