Sunday, January 25, 2009

Apricot Sheet Cookies

I went over to my Parent's house yesterday and Mom was still trying to get rid of some of her magazines, so I took all of her Paula Deen Magazines that she had. I found a recipe for Apricot Sheet Cookies and it sounded really good, and I had all of the ingredients at home, so this afternoon I made them. They were very easy to make, and very yummy. I thought I would share the recipe with all of you.

Apricot Sheet Cookies
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup all-vegetable shortening
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup apricot preserves
confectioner's sugar (optional)
1. preheat oven to 350, pray a 9x9 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray
2. In a large bowl, beat butter and shortening at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
3. Add sugar and beat until creamy
4. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
5. Gradually beat in flour until combined.
6. Beat in vanilla
7. Reserve 1 cup batter, and spread remaining batter evenly into prepared pan.
8. Gently spread preserves evenly over batter.
9. Drop remaining batter by tablespoons over preserves.
10. Base for 30-35 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool for 30 minutes and cut into bars to serve. Garnish with confectioners' sugar, if desired.

3 comments:

kellyn2girls1boy said...

Yummy. Looks good Katie!

Sarah said...

They were very yummy!

Anonymous said...

That sounds good...I'm going to have to try those. Don't throw those magazines away 'cause I love me some Paula Dean!!1 :)