Apricot Sheet Cookies
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup all-vegetable shortening
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup apricot preserves
confectioner's sugar (optional)
1. preheat oven to 350, pray a 9x9 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray
2. In a large bowl, beat butter and shortening at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
3. Add sugar and beat until creamy
4. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
5. Gradually beat in flour until combined.
6. Beat in vanilla
7. Reserve 1 cup batter, and spread remaining batter evenly into prepared pan.
8. Gently spread preserves evenly over batter.
9. Drop remaining batter by tablespoons over preserves.
10. Base for 30-35 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool for 30 minutes and cut into bars to serve. Garnish with confectioners' sugar, if desired.