Monday, January 5, 2009

Vacation...Where should we go???

Andrew and I go on vacation every May to celebrate our anniversary. Well, this year, it is our 5 year anniversary and we want to go somewhere really exciting. We have been to Mexico, Disney World, Hilton Head Island and on 3 cruises. We would like to go somewhere we have not been before.
Here are our options:
Costa Rica
Cabo San Lucas
San Diego, California
Hawaii - any island
Lake Tahoe
Cozumel / Mayan Riviera
Key West
Grand Cayman
We are part of a Vacation club, so the hotel part of the vacation is already paid for. That is how we are able to go to such exotic places. We just have to pay for the plane tickets to get there, and then excursionos/food while there. So I need your help. Where should we go??? Any comments, suggestions, ideas you could offer would be greatly appreciated.
Just to give you an idea, this is what we enjoy doing on our vacations...

9 comments:

Julie said...

Where did you go last time? If you went somewhere on the east coast, go to the west coast. Have y'all ever been to the west coast?

Sarah said...

I have always wanted to go to Lake Tahoe, it looks absolutely breathtaking in pictures. I don't know if it lends itself to laying on the beach in May though. San Diego also sounds cool. It's not that far from Disneyland and the San Diego Zoo is supposed to be one of the best in the country. So, my vote is for San Diego or Lake Tahoe but it's your vacay

Anonymous said...

OK You asked so here goes.
Lake Tahoe in May, still snow on the ground. Do you gamble? Not enough to do for a whole week in my humble opinion.

San Diego, an absolutely beautiful city with soooooooooo much to do. The Zoo is awesome, so is Sea World. Also an hour from Los Angeles and Hollywood and the beautiful Cali beaches.

Cabo is our favorite spot in Mexico. It is absolutely fun. We like the beach, sea cruise, snorkleling, ATV's horseback riding.
I have not yet been to Hawaii but I'm sure your parents can give you lots of input.
Love you guys,
Aunt Shelly

Anonymous said...

Oops, The Mayan Riviera was also very fun. Lots to see and do Beautiful show of the Mayan history and the Conquistadores etc,

kellyn2girls1boy said...

My first thought was that San Diego would be fun, different from what you guys usually do, lots to do and see plus lots of relaxing too. all that being said, my vote is for Hawaii. I think that it probably has the best beaches for you to lay on and lots of beautiful places for you to explore. The only thing I ask is that you bring a suitcase that will hold me. Ha ha. You will pick somewhere that you will have fun, because you will make memories where ever it is you decide to go.

Anonymous said...

you certainly got a lot of advise, all good. San Diego is close to Mexico too, isn't it, you could do a day trip there. I use to live in San Diego, I was 1. We love Hawaii, but so much time is lost in travel. Can you get more than a week?

Anonymous said...

You already know what my vote is..Hawaii of course! Of all the places I have been Hawaii is one of the places I would love to go back to. It was very nice and relaxing!

Anonymous said...

Well, have you decided yet?

kellyn2girls1boy said...

Well, have you?