Monday, August 23, 2010

Friends and Family

This past weekend was full of visits from friends and family. Michael has so many people that love him, and that wanted to meet him. On Friday afternoon, Michael met his cousin Lindy. She is such a proud big cousin.
Friday night, Jessica, Chris and Lydia came for a visit. They brought us dinner, and we had a wonderful night of just visiting.
I can't believe how much bigger Lydia is than Michael. She is only 5 months older than him.
Saturday morning, Andrew's family came over. Michael was able to meet his Great Granny. She was so excited to meet him.
Michael and PaPa got in some snuggle time too.
Saturday afternoon, Julie, Steve and Coleman came for a visit. I haven't seen them since Coleman was newborn, so it was so good to see all of them. Here is Michael and Coleman, I think they are going to be best buddies.
Saturday evening, Andrew and I took Michael to my parents house to meet another Great Grandma! My Grandma Cox is visiting from California this week, and I'm so excited that Michael will have met her.Two Great Grandmas in one day! What a blesses little boy.
It was a full weekend of meeting lots of people. On Sunday, we went to church with my parents. That is where I go to Bible Study, so I knew the ladies there were so excited to see him! They have been praying for us to have a baby for a long time, and to see Michael, is just confirmation that God does hear us and that He has a plan. His plan is always way better than any plan we would ever come up with.
We were also able to take some nice long naps this weekend. I just love falling asleep with Andrew beside me in the bed, and my baby boy asleep in the cradle beside the bed.
This week we are going to try to get into a routine, and help to put him on more of a consistent schedule. I know he is still so little, but I think it would be good for all of us to find some routine.

1 comment:

The Orcutt's said...

I've been following your story off of Babycenter! :) I found this cute poem and maybe you can use it somewhere? I just thought it was really cute!

Once there were two women, who were destined to find one another.
One you never knew, the other you call Mother.
Two different lives brought together to make you one.
One became your guiding star, the other became your sun.
The first one dreamed of your life, and the second taught you to live it.
The first gave you a need for love, the second was there to give it.
One gave you a nationality. The other gave you a name.
One gave you a talent. The other gave you aim.
One gave you emotions. The other calmed your fears.
One imagined your first sweet smile. The other dried your tears.
One sought for you a home that she could not provide.
The other prayed for a child and her hope was not denied.
And now I find you asking, through our laughter and our tears,
The age-old question posed time and time again to mothers through the years.
Heredity or environment, Which are you a product of?
Neither, my darling. Neither. Just two different kinds of love.